Uffizi has existed since the 1500s and is one of the oldest museums in Europe. It's also one
of the most popular - it's visited by about 1 million people annually! One downside to this
popularity is that the lines for tickets can be long at times.
If you're visiting Florence and want to go to the Uffizi Gallery, here are five tips on how to
skip the lines at this museum:
- Arrive early - The earlier you get there, the shorter your wait will be. If you're in town for a
a full day of sightseeing, try coming at 10:30 AM. That will give you about four hours of
browsing before people start lining up for tickets. Don't forget to bring a snack and a water
- Go during the week - Weekends are the busiest time for tourists in Florence, so you can
expect significantly longer lines if you go then. It's also very hot during the summer, so going
during the week will help you beat the heat.
- Plan your visit - Not sure what to see first? Check the museum's website or its Wikipedia
page for a list of exhibits. Some of the most famous paintings in history can be found here,
including works by Monet, Da Vinci, and Michelangelo. There are also centuries-old
sculptures and ancient artifacts to look at as well!
- Visit different times - If you have time, consider visiting Uffizi Gallery at a different time
each day. You can try going during the early morning or late evening hours to minimize your
- Buy a timed ticket - If you're in Florence for more than two days, I suggest buying a timed
Uffizi Gallery ticket. This will make getting through the museum faster and easier. Private
guided tours are also available, which can help you see different parts of Uffizi that you
might not have seen otherwise.
- Be patient - Even with a timed ticket, you'll still wait in line for at least 15 minutes. Don't let
this discourages you from seeing Uffizi, though!
Remember that this is one of Florence's most popular tourist attractions! The museum is so
popular that it has to turn visitors away on some days as they can't keep up with all the
visitors trying to get tickets. Following the above tips will help you enjoy your time at Uffizi